Question 1. Is it possible to watch digital copies of movies that we purchase on the eee pad transformer? If so what app do we need? I have tried multiple things and it hasn’t worked for me yet. Because of the DRM I cant change the file type from wmv or m4v to mp4 or any other type. Any suggestions?
Question 2. Will the digital copies, which come with some DVD and BLU-RAY disks play on my Asus Transformer TF101?
Nowadays, many movies we’ve purchased touting “Digital Copy“, only to get it home and realize it doesn’t work with Android Tablet just like the mentioned Eee Pad Transformer. The reasoning behind Android’s omission in the digital movie realm can be speculated and theorized till DRM death but as an Android user and movie consumer I have found this exclusion ridiculous and borderline illegal. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Android users are more likely to actually want to enjoy the media they pay for in a manner that best fits them, not big brother. It seems I’m not alone and Pavtube brings the ChewTune software, the DRM remover and converter tool that converts Digital Copy and other DRM-protected contents to fits for Android devices including Eee Pad Transformer, Motorola Xoom, Toshiba Thrive, Samsung Galaxy S2, Sony Tablet S.
To help those who want to play Digital Copy movies on Asus Eee Pad Transformer, here I share with you an easy yet fast way to strip DRM from Digital Copies and convert Digital Copy wmv or m4v to mp4 for Eee Pad Transformer playing using chewtune.
Before conversion you need first to transfer Digital Copy to computer in Windows Media (.wmv) or iTunes video format (.m4v). And here we go with the DRM removal process.
Guide: Convert Digital Copy to Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime.
Install the Digital Copy to Eee Pad Transformer Converter – ChewTune to your computer. Make sure the software is compatible with your computer.
Step 1. Run ChewTune, drag and drop digital copy movie to the software.
Step 2. Select an Transformer friendly format, e.g. H.264 .mp4 for conversion. There are optimized format for Eee Pad Transformer etc. Basically the “Common Video” >> H.264 Video (*.mp4)” or “Android” >> “Motorola Xoom H.264 video *.mp4” is an universal format for Asus Transformer.
Step 3. Click the big Convert button to transfer Digital Copy to the Android honeycomb tablet supported videos.
Some tips on using ChewTune:
1. The software must be used on an authorized computer, i.e. when a DRM-protected movie is playable on your computer, you can convert it, and otherwise the software will not convert the movie.
2. Although the software is compatible with Windows XP and 2000, the Windows 7 operation system is preferred.
3. If you’re converting Digital Copy movies from iTunes Store, better set it not remember position before converting movies. Here’s way to go:
Launch iTunes, and switch to “Movies” under LIBRARY. Select the videos you’d like to convert, right click on them, and select “Get Info“.
Switch to “Options” tab, find “Remember position” and select “No” from its drop-down list. Click “OK” to confirm.
- Get rid of DRM from Blu-ray DVD Digital Copy Movies for playing on Android Tablet
- How to Play DVD Digital Copy movies on Toshiba Thrive with DVD Digital Copy to Thrive Converter
- Convert iTunes M4V to MP4-Play iTunes movie and video on Asus Eee Pad Transformer
- DVD to Eee Pad Transformer Converter-Two Solutions for covnert DVD to H.264 HD MP4 for Asus Transformer playback
- How to Put/Play/Add/Copy iTunes Videos and Movies to Droid Bionic for playback?