AVCHD, standing for Advanced Video Codec High Definition, is a popular format for the recording of high definition videos on digital camcorders like Sony, Panasonic, Canon, JVC and Sanyo video camcorders. Generally the AVCHD records videos at a range of resolutions including 1080p, 1080i and 720p. And AVCHD files are in .mts format on camcorder while in .m2ts after being transferred to a PC.
It is so easy to play a AVCHD video with computer. Unfortunately, if you just have some AVCHD MTS/M2TS videos and want to view them on your new iPad 3, you will find playback is a blue moon since the iPad only support H.264 and MPEG-4 videos formatted in mp4, .m4v. and .mov. Depite lack of offical support, we can get the AVCHD videos work normally on the new iPad 3. Here I’m sharing my experience to help those who wanna to put AVCHD videos on new iPad 3 for playback. Along with some help from the third-party software.
PS: According to my experience, converting AVCHD mts/m2ts to new iPad 3 compatible video formats (e.g. H.264 MP4) is the best solution. Here i take Pavtube’s Video Converter for example to show you how to convert AVCHD videos to new iPad 3. The program is easy to use for conversion and make great quality results of the AVCHD mts/m2ts videos. More it supports converting all other popular video formats like WMV, AVI, TS, VOB, FLV, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc. to new iPad 3. The audio/video synchronization is very good and the time it takes to convert in this software is almost half that in other. Meanwhile the playback of the converted videos is as decent as possible as original. Now follow the steps below to learn how to transfer AVCHD videos onto new iPad 3
Guide – Convert & Put AVCHD MTS/M2TS videos to new iPad 3
Note: For Windows users, just follow the detailed guide to finish your work about converting AVCHD files to new iPad 3. For Mac users, you can follow the new iPad Video Converter for Mac to finish your work on Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Mountain Lion(10.8) etc.
1. Free download and run the top AVCHD Converter for new iPad 3 on your PC and load the AVCHD MTS/M2TS video files. (Make sure you have transferred your camcorder recording videos to your hard drive).
2. Choose output profile for new iPad 3. Click format column and you can easily find a “iPad” category which provides you three customized formats for new iPad 3. Here I recommend you choose “iPad 3 (new iPad) HD video (*.mp4)”, which supplies the 720p HD video quality.
Tips: All AVCHD camcorders except for AVCHD Lite models use recording 1080 Interlaced Video (1080i).When watching converted AVCHD 1080i video on your iPad (since it don’t have built-in De-interlacing engine like flat-panel televisions), the image you see from AVCHD video will not be true to the original. To bring you more vivid and smooth AVCHD video image on the new iPad 3, the new iPad 3 AVCHD converter supports converting AVCHD video from interlacing to progressive scanning. Do as follows:
3. Finally, hit the “Convert” button to start converting AVCHD camcorder MTS/M2TS files to new iPad 3 supported MP4 videos.
After the conversion, you can open iTunes and add the converted MP4 videos to your iTunes library. Then connect your iPad to computer and sync converted AVCHD videos to new iPad 3 via iTunes. So there you have it. Now you can start playing AVCHD videos on new iPad 3 as you want. Enjoy!
- AVCHD to iPhone 4S-Watch HD Camcorder AVCHD MTS/M2TS Videos with iPhone 4S on Mac
- How to watch MTS/M2TS Videos on iPhone 4S? First Convert MTS to MP4 format
- HP TouchPad Video Converter-Enjoy/Play HD MKV/AVI/VOB/MPEG/FLV/AVCHD/M2TS/WMV/Tivo Video on HP TouchPad Tablet
- Best new iPad HD Converter Mac – Transfer/Play 1080p HD movies onto new iPad 3 with ease
- 1080p to Kindle Fire Video Converter–How to Enjoy 1080p Full HD Videos on Kindle Fire